Sunday, February 9, 2014

C4T

I read Allanah King's post " Ask Before You Post". Basically it was about how she made a presentation. She used some pictures that she had borrowed from other people without asking and without really thinking twice about it. After doing a lesson at a school she visited, one teacher stayed after to talk to her. The teacher asked her about one of the presentations she did a long time ago. At the end of the conversation, the teacher told Allanah that her nephew was in one the pictures that was in her presentation. "She was OK with it and didn’t mind but I was still embarrassed that it was there". In my comment, I mentioned how crazy it was that out of all the people in this world, someone related to the person in the picture saw it. I said that it is very important to get permission from people to use their pictures. Like the story Allanah said, you never know who is going to see it.

The next post by Allanah king that I read was "Spell Write". This post was about how Allanah loved the idea of testing each student on their "Spell Write" spelling list. The only problem was that to test each individual student, it would take forever. So Allanah decided to record herself giving the test. She also provided each student with a template so that they could write their answers. This way the students could fast forward/rewind when they needed to, and could go at their own pace. Ms. King also provided some links to show exactly what she was talking about. In response, I said how wonderful I thought this idea was. I talked about how nice it is to be able to go at the pace that the student wants to go on. This is something I definitely would like to use when I become a teacher.

I have included the picture that Allanah King uses in her blog of the template for her Spell Write tests.

Spell Write List One on top and grid numbered 1 through 10 below it

No comments:

Post a Comment