Sunday, April 27, 2014

C4K summary

The first student I was assigned to was Russell. Russell is a 8 year old from Pt England School in Auckland, NZ. In his blog post he talked about taking swim lessons at the aquatic center. He said that he has to pace himself when swimming or else he will get tired fast. He wants to get better at back stroke.

I told Russell that when I was his age I was on a swim. I loved to swim, and my favorite stroke was freestyle. I told him that he was right about keeping a steady pace. It really helps, especially when you are racing.

The next student I was assigned was Rave. He was also from Pt England School in Auckland, NZ. His blog post was all about his cousins 21st birthday party. He tells us that the theme was Monte Carlo and everyone wore black and gold clothes. His cousin was the oldest of the grandkids and so the celebration was very special. Family and friends all gave speeches and talked about fun memories.

In response, I told Rave that the party sounded like a blast! I told him that a lot of people celebrate not only the 21st but also the 16th birthday. I liked the theme of the party. I also thought that it was really cool that the relatives gave speeches.

Talia'uli was the next student I had. He created a google presentation on Kowhai trees. He told about the environment, adaptation, and types of the Kowhai tree. The presentation was very good. I told him that he did a great job. I have never heard of the Kowhai tree before. So I learned alot.

The final student I had was Nyree. Her blog post was on sentence variety. Her assignment was to make the sentences she was given more interesting for the reader. Nyree did a great job! In my comment, I told her that she definitely made the sentences more interesting and enjoyable to read. She was very creative. The only thing to work on was her punctuation. But that she did a great job.Kowhai tree

No comments:

Post a Comment