Sunday, April 27, 2014

C4T summary

Personal learning networkThe teacher that I was assigned to was Ms. Julie Reuter. I chose to read her blog post on PLNs. She talks about how important it is to have people in your PLN that are encouraging, that will push you, that are honest, that will help be better, and that will critique you. She taught her 5th grades about PLNs and let them create their own on google drawing. Then she decided that kids need to learn about this at a younger age. She had her 5th graders come in and teach the 1st graders about it and help them make their own. Then they were all able to show theirs.

In response, I told her that we learned about this in the EDM class I am taking right now. I said that I had never really heard about it before now. I think that kids should definitely be taught about PLNs at a younger age. By letting the 5th graders teach the 1st grades, it not only helps the 5th graders learn even more but helps create a bond and even expand their PLN.

The second blog post that I read about was called "Passion for Padlet". Julie tells us all about this tool she uses in her classroom. She says that it is very simple and easy to use. There are just a few steps you have to make and then you will be able to use it. She tells us that she uses it work her students to ask questions and for any comments. She would ask questions and then the students would reply on the Padlet.

I told her that I have never heard of Padlet before. It sounded like a very good way to involve and interact with your kids. I would definitely like to try using it one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment