Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blog Post #8

My favorite learning tool is Discovery Education

The features that I like about this website is they provide lesson plans on the core subjects as well as art and literature, business, technology, and health. They thought of everything as each subject is broken down by the

► Objective which explains what the child will be doing.

► Class materials needed such as overhead projector, white board, calculator.

► Step by step procedures with examples.

► Discussion questions to reinforce what the student just learned

► Evaluation to determine how well the students listened in class, participated in class, and how well they applied what they learned.

For Math, they provide Tips for solving problems, printable worksheets, suggested reading material and vocabulary words with definitions.

They also have a great feature called Virtual Field Trips.

I loved reading through the lesson examples and can't wait to use them in my classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Did you find any other 21st century learning tools?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashley,
    Discovery Education sounds like a really useful tool for future teachers. It sounds like there is just about anything you need for a lesson. I think I would like to use this in my classroom, as it seems it would be really beneficial for students, as well as teachers.

    ReplyDelete