Sunday, March 16, 2014

C4T Summary

piece of paper and pen
I was assigned to the teacher, William Chamberlain. In his blog post "It's Lending Time" he explains how he teaches his students about lending. He tells us that he let the kids vote on people they feel that would most need the loan. The children chose three people from different countries to give to. They gave microloans to each "helping outfit a market stall, expanding a poultry house to meet demand, and to help buy more cows and pigs". In response, I told him how cool I thought the idea of loaning was. Not only are you teaching them about loans and money, but you are teaching them about giving to people in other countries. I also asked how they got the money to loan out.

The next blog post I read was called "Note Taking, Moleskines, and Modeling". In this post Chamberlain tells us about the importance of note taking. He had his students watch two videos about tips and different ways to take notes. He explains that Note taking isn't just for the classroom, but is a life skill. Also, he tells us that note taking is a way of learning. Note taking is also personal. The way you understand and write things down may be completely different from your neighbor. So don't copy notes from others. I responded by telling Chamberlain how helpful his tips and videos he shared were. I told him how after reading and watching I realized how bad of a note taker I was. "I am the student like they mentioned in the first video that tries to write down everything the teacher says. I then miss a lot of words and haven't learned a single thing." I then told him about a teacher I had that made us write down questions for each lecture and turn them in. This really helped us to pay attention and really understand what we were being taught.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading William Chamberlains blogs. If you get the chance you should go and read them for yourself. I plan to continue to read more and more of them. He has wonderful things to say and really great ideas and tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment